Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
-
ahmetimanli
- Posts: 26
- http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Hello. As you described, I placed the program you sent into %ProgramData%\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV11\FCD\PIC\. However, this warning message appeared on the screen.
- Attachments
-
- v30.png (268.92 KiB) Viewed 119 times
-
medelec35
- Valued Contributor
- Posts: 2469
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 pm
- Has thanked: 793 times
- Been thanked: 851 times
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
At least now you can compile OK.
Sorry, I don't have a Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42, so I might not be able to help.
When you plug the board in does the drive (mass storage drive) appear on your PC?
If not then what about if you hold the button down then connect to USB?
It's only when the folder appears you can then compile to target.
If you can't then it's Ben that will need to look into this for you.
Sorry, I don't have a Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42, so I might not be able to help.
When you plug the board in does the drive (mass storage drive) appear on your PC?
If not then what about if you hold the button down then connect to USB?
It's only when the folder appears you can then compile to target.
If you can't then it's Ben that will need to look into this for you.
Martin
-
medelec35
- Valued Contributor
- Posts: 2469
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 pm
- Has thanked: 793 times
- Been thanked: 851 times
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
If the board is not programmed by using compile to target while the mass storage drive appears, then until all sorted, for now just use Compile to hex and drop the hex file in to the mass storage drive created on your PC.
Martin
-
BenR
- Matrix Staff
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:06 am
- Has thanked: 647 times
- Been thanked: 856 times
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Should be fixed on the update system now too.
Looks like you're overriding the programmer settings with your PICKIT 5 setting as that's not what it should be calling.
Please click on Build -> Compiler Options.
Select the PICKIT 5 option and select the programmer tab.
The Location should be
and the parameters should be
Click the floppy disk save icon and give it a name maybe curiosity board.
Hopefully you can now compile directly to the board.
Looks like you're overriding the programmer settings with your PICKIT 5 setting as that's not what it should be calling.
Please click on Build -> Compiler Options.
Select the PICKIT 5 option and select the programmer tab.
The Location should be
Code: Select all
$(fcddir)PIC\Batch\pic_curiosity_prog.batCode: Select all
"$(outdir)" "$(target)" CURIOSITY "$(compilerpico)" Hopefully you can now compile directly to the board.
-
ahmetimanli
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
The `compiler+programmer+location` line is working. However, I would appreciate it if you could explain the expression "$(outdir)$(target)"CURIOSITY"$(compilerpico)" in the parameters line.
- Attachments
-
- v31.png (225.9 KiB) Viewed 105 times
-
BenR
- Matrix Staff
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:06 am
- Has thanked: 647 times
- Been thanked: 856 times
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Hello,
it looks like you have not copied the programmer parameters line correctly.
You have
But it should instead be
The spaces separate the fields to the programmer script, the first is the project directory, the second is the project file name, the third is the drive name, I believe the fourth is not used I just copied it from the pico programming script.
If you check the E-Blocks as default then it should override from the definition file and work as intended without you having to manually put the text in.
it looks like you have not copied the programmer parameters line correctly.
You have
Code: Select all
"$(outdir)$(target)"CURIOSITY"$(compilerpico)"Code: Select all
"$(outdir)" "$(target)" CURIOSITY "$(compilerpico)" If you check the E-Blocks as default then it should override from the definition file and work as intended without you having to manually put the text in.
-
ahmetimanli
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Thank you very much... I installed the program and it worked. I can't read or modify online data with debug and ICD. Could you help me with this as well? I'm installing the program with compile to target.
I'm trying to install it again with debug enable ICD, but it's giving an error.
I'm trying to install it again with debug enable ICD, but it's giving an error.
- Attachments
-
- v32.png (238.51 KiB) Viewed 90 times
-
ahmetimanli
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
When I try to update the library, I get a "connection not found" error.
- Attachments
-
- v40.png (219.01 KiB) Viewed 67 times
-
- v41.png (204.29 KiB) Viewed 67 times
-
BenR
- Matrix Staff
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:06 am
- Has thanked: 647 times
- Been thanked: 856 times
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Hello,
I'm working on the ICD debugging, I got pretty far but ran into a problem specific to the curiosity boards that we are looking into.
As for the library updates I've just tried it here and it's working for me, where are you based? Can you access the Flowcode website ok?
I'm working on the ICD debugging, I got pretty far but ran into a problem specific to the curiosity boards that we are looking into.
As for the library updates I've just tried it here and it's working for me, where are you based? Can you access the Flowcode website ok?
-
ahmetimanli
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
I can easily access your site using Google Chrome. I can also access it directly via the link sent to my email address.