Electrical Test Projects

Discuss PC Developer and Web Developer projects and features here.
BenR
Matrix Staff
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Electrical Test Projects

Post by BenR »

Hello Everyone,

We are going to be working on some applications for electrical test to help demonstrate the power of app developer in Flowcode 9 and also to create some examples that are easy to follow and hopefully inspire some more knock on projects.

The first project we had in mind is an Arduino Uno based component tester that can get the value of resistors and capacitors as well as maybe testing out diodes and transistors. This would all be controlled via an App developer app alongside the Arduino USB slave firmware. In th next few days I'll create a simple circuit to go on the Arduino as well as a App Developer program and a video to showcase the project.

Is there anything specific that anyone would like to see being implemented as part of this project or even turning into a seperate project for next time?

kersing
Valued Contributor

Re: Electrical Test Projects

Post by kersing »

Hi Ben,

Could you include measuring coils as well?

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hi Jac,

Yes good shout I'll have a go with coils too to get their resistance and inductance.

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Ben!

Exiting :D What about Triac, Thyristor and Mosfet, germanium/silicium and zener diode schottky if possible. :D

Br Jorgen

p.erasmus

Post by p.erasmus »

Hi Team,

Nice idea however my question is why must it always be based on an Arduino just asking :D

I also like jgu1 idea, transistors MOSFET test will be interesting
Regards Peter - QME Electronics

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hello,
why must it always be based on an Arduino
We wanted to use some hardware that is very easy to get hold of and also most people might already have one sat in a drawer. The project should work equally well on just about any MCU with analogue and digital pins and a connection back to the PC. One of our other SCADA slave targets for example would work just as well e.g. ECIO, ESP32 or dsPIC E-blocks2 board to name a few.

Out of interest what MCU would you like to see and maybe we can base our next project around this?

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

p.erasmus wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:40 am
Nice idea however my question is why must it always be based on an Arduino just asking :D
That question highlights what I believe is one of the more powerful aspects of Flowcode: projects can easily be transferred to other targets, often with few or no coding changes. We probably don't push this enough.

So while this project will be written around an Arduino, it should be simple to port to another platform or chip.

p.erasmus

Post by p.erasmus »

Hi Team.

Thanks guys make sense and I understand your view :D
Out of interest what MCU would you like to see and maybe we can base our next project around this?
I think we very little push the dsPICs, which has a lot of potential although a 16bit mcu these out perform many 32bit mcus,
Regards Peter - QME Electronics

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hi Peter,

I agree the 16-bit PICs are little powerhouses :D They are certainly one of my go to devices.

I've made a start on the component test project here if anyone would like to have a go or try and help push the project forwards.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=117&p=579

alanwms

Post by alanwms »

Mosfet and IGTB devices under test might require the ability to measure the turn on and off time