Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
ahmetimanli
Posts: 26
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm

Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .

Post by ahmetimanli »

Hello. As you described, I placed the program you sent into %ProgramData%\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV11\FCD\PIC\. However, this warning message appeared on the screen.
Attachments
v30.png
v30.png (268.92 KiB) Viewed 124 times

medelec35
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2469
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 pm
Has thanked: 793 times
Been thanked: 851 times

Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .

Post by medelec35 »

At least now you can compile OK.
Sorry, I don't have a Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42, so I might not be able to help.
When you plug the board in does the drive (mass storage drive) appear on your PC?
If not then what about if you hold the button down then connect to USB?
It's only when the folder appears you can then compile to target.
If you can't then it's Ben that will need to look into this for you.
Martin

medelec35
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2469
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 pm
Has thanked: 793 times
Been thanked: 851 times

Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .

Post by medelec35 »

If the board is not programmed by using compile to target while the mass storage drive appears, then until all sorted, for now just use Compile to hex and drop the hex file in to the mass storage drive created on your PC.
Martin

BenR
Matrix Staff
Posts: 2332
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:06 am
Has thanked: 647 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .

Post by BenR »

Should be fixed on the update system now too.

Looks like you're overriding the programmer settings with your PICKIT 5 setting as that's not what it should be calling.

Please click on Build -> Compiler Options.

Select the PICKIT 5 option and select the programmer tab.

The Location should be

Code: Select all

$(fcddir)PIC\Batch\pic_curiosity_prog.bat
and the parameters should be

Code: Select all

"$(outdir)" "$(target)" CURIOSITY "$(compilerpico)" 
Click the floppy disk save icon and give it a name maybe curiosity board.

Hopefully you can now compile directly to the board.
Regards Ben Rowland - MatrixTSL
Flowcode Product Page - Flowcode Help Wiki - My YouTube Channel

ahmetimanli
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm

Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .

Post by ahmetimanli »

The `compiler+programmer+location` line is working. However, I would appreciate it if you could explain the expression "$(outdir)$(target)"CURIOSITY"$(compilerpico)" in the parameters line.
Attachments
v31.png
v31.png (225.9 KiB) Viewed 110 times

BenR
Matrix Staff
Posts: 2332
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:06 am
Has thanked: 647 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .

Post by BenR »

Hello,

it looks like you have not copied the programmer parameters line correctly.

You have

Code: Select all

"$(outdir)$(target)"CURIOSITY"$(compilerpico)"
But it should instead be

Code: Select all

"$(outdir)" "$(target)" CURIOSITY "$(compilerpico)" 
The spaces separate the fields to the programmer script, the first is the project directory, the second is the project file name, the third is the drive name, I believe the fourth is not used I just copied it from the pico programming script.

If you check the E-Blocks as default then it should override from the definition file and work as intended without you having to manually put the text in.
Regards Ben Rowland - MatrixTSL
Flowcode Product Page - Flowcode Help Wiki - My YouTube Channel

ahmetimanli
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm

Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .

Post by ahmetimanli »

Thank you very much... I installed the program and it worked. I can't read or modify online data with debug and ICD. Could you help me with this as well? I'm installing the program with compile to target.
I'm trying to install it again with debug enable ICD, but it's giving an error.
Attachments
v32.png
v32.png (238.51 KiB) Viewed 95 times

ahmetimanli
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm

Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .

Post by ahmetimanli »

When I try to update the library, I get a "connection not found" error.
Attachments
v40.png
v40.png (219.01 KiB) Viewed 72 times
v41.png
v41.png (204.29 KiB) Viewed 72 times

BenR
Matrix Staff
Posts: 2332
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:06 am
Has thanked: 647 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .

Post by BenR »

Hello,

I'm working on the ICD debugging, I got pretty far but ran into a problem specific to the curiosity boards that we are looking into.

As for the library updates I've just tried it here and it's working for me, where are you based? Can you access the Flowcode website ok?
Regards Ben Rowland - MatrixTSL
Flowcode Product Page - Flowcode Help Wiki - My YouTube Channel

ahmetimanli
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm

Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .

Post by ahmetimanli »

I can easily access your site using Google Chrome. I can also access it directly via the link sent to my email address.

Post Reply